Student Learning. As Peterson brought up isolation/communication failure between the instructor and student in her piece, I immeadiately thought back to my brief experience with e-learning and associated those two areas to the frustration that I felt as a result to e-learning. No matter when I called, it seemed like I was always getting a voicemail, or being informed that the person I was attempting to reach was unavailable. It was terribly hard and frustrating to establish communication with the DDP, and my instrucrtor for the course. It became so trying, that I gave up on e-learning for the summer, and took the course onsite when I returned in the fall.Sorry, I'm having difficulty uploading more pictures...
My second image was that of two people "high-fiving", which is supposed to represent Peterson's issuse of educational goals. I felt that the educational goals of the DDP course/program was to simply have their students pass the class. It was so informal and difficult to manage for me, that it made me feel as if the only concern for the administration was, simply, whether or not the student passed the class.
My third image was a picture of 4 individual lines going from one side of the paper to the next. Three of the lines have a bunch of swirls and loops as it goes from one side to the next, and one line went in a straight line from left to right. This was going to be my reprentative of Peterson's educational goal relating to Teacher Role. It appeared to be that the teacher's role, in my experience with e-learning, was to simply get me from A to B in a sea of confusion. The interface we were using was difficult for me to manuever through, and with each attempt to ask questions of clarity unanswered - it felt that the only thing they wanted me to do was turn in the homework as best as possible and pass the class.
In short, I don't think I'll ever consider e-learning as a student again.

No comments:
Post a Comment